All of us have visited many beautiful and spiritual places in life. Here, I am telling you my experience at one of the holiest places in India. Yes..
That is Deoghar. It is in Jharkhand towards the northeastern part of India.
Deoghar is a Hindi word, which means adobe( ghar) of God and Goddesses ( dev) is famous for Lord Shiva temple, that is why it is also known as “Babadham.”
It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas places in India and also one of the 51 Shaktipeeth in India.
It is only placed in India where Jyotirlinga and the Shakyipeeth are together, that is why it is a great pilgrimage centre.
All parts of India visitors and tourists coming here and go to Baba Baidhyanath temple. They worship in the temple and get blessed by Baba Baidhyanath( Lord Shiva).
There are some beautiful and adventure places to visit in Deoghar.
1) Baba Baidyanath temple — it is one of the sacred temples of India. It attracts many tourists and visitors. It keeps spiritual beliefs among the Hindu pilgrimage. The main temple is Jyotirlingam, named as Baidyanath ( Lord Shiva).
The temple compound houses 21 other temples of different gods and goddesses.
Tourists and visitors first go to the main Lord Shiva temple, then after coming out, in front of it is Goddess Parwati temple( wife of Lord Shiva), go there and worship her and then, side by side visit all the other temples in the compound.
After worshipping in all the temples, devotees light up the diya/agarbatti in between Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati temple to fulfil their wishes.
2) Shi Ganga – it is a wonderful place nearby the main temple to visit in Deoghar. As the Hindu mythology, it is said that this place was discovered by the ‘Ravana’ .It is actually a pond( kund).
3) Nandan Pahar— it is a small hill area near the edge of Deoghar. Around 3 km distance from the main tower. There is also an entertainment park for children like basic rides, ghost houses, Garden Lake, a restaurant etc.
4) Naulakha temple – this temple is dedicated to Radha- Krishna. It is a very peaceful beautiful serene temple. It is around 1.5 km from the main tower of Deoghar.
5) Ramkrishnan mission – it was established by Swami Vivekananda and founded in 1922. It is a residential school only for young boys wherein they are imparted knowledge regarding the culture and tradition. Students are involved in all kinds of extracurricular activities. It has a beautiful campus surrounded by flowers, trees, and many play grounds.
6) Trikuti Pahar– it is also known as Trikutachal, has three main peaks on the hills. It is at a height of around 2470 ft. Tourists and visitors often come here and enjoy the nature of beauty.
It is around 15-17 km from Deoghar and is on the way to Dumka city or on the way of Baba Basukinath temple.
You can climb the hill on foot or take a ride on the ropeway to climb on the top.
7) Tapovan— it is another holy place located 10-12 km from Deoghar. There is a hill with many monkeys and have become a picnic spot and there are many caves here. In the earlier times, the site was a meditation spot for the Naga and also known as Tapobhumi. Tourists can also visit a cemented kind, known as the Shukta kind. It is said that Goddess Sita used to take a bath in this pond.
8) Satsang Ashram– Satsang Ashram is a holy place where followers of Sri Sri Thakur gather to worship. It has beautiful gardens, a zoo and a museum in it’s complex with a Serva Dharma temple.
Except it, other tourist places are
a) Dev Sangh Ashram
b) Nav Durga temple
c) Shitala Mandir
d) Hathi Pahar etc
The best time to visit Deoghar is during the month of August- March to avoid the unbearable heat of summer.
How to go there?
You can go there either by road or train. The nearer railway station is Jasidih. Jasidih is around only 7 km from Deoghar.
Tourists can try food items here as Peda, kachori sabzi, Alu chop, cham cham sweets, Bael is murabba, Golgappa and Tikki chat.
If you are really want to explore a new holy place , then Deoghar is the best place to visit.
So, enjoy your trip.