There is a lot of problems to guide the children in a healthy way so that they can become a good and kind hearted person. Here, there are some competencies that predict good parenting outcomes. It is some effort,so how will they predict a strong parent- child bond and children’s happiness, health and success.
1) Love and affection – parents should support and help in developing the child’s physical health and spend one-on-one time together.
2) Relationship skills – Parents should maintain a healthy relationship with their spouse, significant other and model effective relationship skills with other people.
3) Stress management – Parents should take steps to reduce stress for themselves and their child,practic relation technique and promote positive interpretations of events.
4) Education and learning – Parents should provide educational opportunities for their child and help in learning process in study.
5) Autonomy and Independence – Parents should treat their child with respect and encourage them to become self-sufficient and self- reliant.
6) Health – Health is very important for child. So, parents should take care of their lifestyle and good habits such as regular exercise and proper nutrition for their child.
7) Life skills – Parents should provide for their child to become a healthy person and should plan for the future of the child.
8) Behaviour management –Parents should make extensive use of positive reinforcement and punish only when other methods of managing behaviour have failed.
9) Religion- Parents should support spiritual or religious development and participate in spiritual or religious activities.
10) Safety– Parents should take essential precautions to protect their child and maintain awareness of the child’s activities and friends.
11) Socio- cultural development – the child learn how to interact with others by working towards a common goal, developing team spirit, selecting the right friends and much more.
12) Cognitive development – Positive parenting increases children’s cognitive,social and problem solving abilities as they grow up.
13) Physical development – Parental guidance can instill in children a healthy exercise and eating regimen to achieve optimal physical development. Parents should remember that their children set a good example.
14) Mental development – Parenting methods assist the child with learning innovatively, embracing set back and overcoming them, understanding discipline, taking criticism,also rewarded and punishment concept.
Support the child’s mental health
a) Love- be there for your child and show care and love
b) Be proud – tell your child that you are proud of them.
c) Educate- educate yourself about mental health problems
d) Coping – help your child to learn some simple coping skills such as relaxation, playing
e) Conversation – encourage your child to engage in conversation
f) Exercise – encourage play, exercise and support
g) Behaviour – keep an eye out for any changes in behaviour
h) Support – regularly support, encourage and praise your child
i) Help- don’t be afraid to seek help from professionals
j) Problem solving – help your child to effectively problem solve
k) Rest time – help your child to manage stress by building in some rest time
l) Feeling – get to know that how your child is feeling
m) Listen –make sure that you take time to listen to what your child has to say
n) Environment – parents should provide a positive environment for their child where they can thrive.
So, these are some useful tips for parents to guide their children in positive environment.