During our hectic Lifestyle, we need to increase our brain function. As with body fitness and emotional fitness, the brain also needs nurturing and nourishment. We often neglect to look after our brains. It might be due to a busy schedule or the demanding nature of our career.
Let’s discuss have how we can keep our minds sharp and healthy.
1) challenging your brain – it can be something as simple as taking a different route to work– it can protect our brain against memory loss later on. Some mental challenging activities can sharpen the brain and are much less likely to get Alzheimer’s disease.
a) start reading a book
b) go to a lecture or attend the seminar
c) listen to music
Researchers say that exercise they all “Neurobic” which challenge our brain to think in new ways.
Being obese in middle age makes twice as likely to have dementia later on. High blood pressure and high cholesterol raise the chances too.
Too much stress can hurt our grey matter, which is a part of the brain. The brain contains cells that store and process information. Because, as we get older, we might not remember things easily as we need to. That is a normal part of ageing. so, in this case, write things down, are the calendar and reminder functions in the phone, even for simple things. Focus on one task at a time.
2) Eating healthy foods – Many nutritious foods are good for the body and mind. A lot of fish, eggs, broccoli and turmeric can improve brain health and keep the memory sharp.
3) Sleep well– A sound sleep is necessary to recover from the stresses of our daily life. Because sound sleep improves memory, mood, energy levels and concentrations.
4) Physical exercise – Some exercises can lower blood cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, boost mood and increase the happy hormone levels in the brain like serotonin and endorphins.
5)Meditation – Even 10 minutes of meditation daily can help in boosting the mood and also reduce stress.
6) Stress management – if anyone becomes mastered how to manage stress then the mood becomes more stable, thoughts become clearer and the relationship improves.
7) Brain training exercise – There are many ways to keep the mind sharp as puzzles, exercise for lifting mood, improving memory and increased concentration etc.
8)Socialising– socialising can also feel good , lifting mood and help in improving memory and keeping the brain sharp.
9) Learning new things – learning new things like new skills, a new hobby and a new language can have significant positive effects on the brain.
10) Reading – No one can deny that reading can have a positive effect not just on life but also on the brain and body.
So, keeping the brain fit and healthy should be a top priority. Having a sharp mind will help in boosting our confidence, developing empathy, reducing the risk of dementia, improving focus and alertness.
Now, I think all of you will focus on your brain and body.