Yoga word itself strikes in mind keeping fit mind and body. Yoga is a practice that connects the body, mind and breath. It uses physical postures, breathing exercises and meditation to improve overall health. Actually, Yoga was developed as a spiritual practice thousands of years ago. It has been coming from ancient times, but recently in the past few decades, it is using to reduce obesity, flexibility, hypertension and other ailments.
Scientists and Researchers also agree on the point that yoga is beneficial for health purposes also.
Yoga is usually divided into eight rings or limbs. Which are :
It is a holistic way of life leading to a state of complete physical, mental and spiritual well- being and harmony with nature.
Yoga can be used by any age group for reducing mental stress, diabetes, and hypertension as well as reducing depression and anxiety also.
The nature of Yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.
Although, Yoga originated in India thousands of years ago. Yoga has been proved by researchers that is effective in the prevention as well as management of stress and stress-induced disorders.
It has been known that yoga is beneficial for health conditions like decreasing anxiety, stress, fear, obesity and hypertension.
1) Obesity and overweight – obesity and overweight are strong risk factors for diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease. Yoga has been found to be helpful in the management of obesity. Many people are suffering from obesity due to lifestyle and junk food habits. Less physical exercise increases overweight.
2) Hypertension – Regular yoga practice for 1/2 hours per day is also found to control hypertension. Yoga together with Psychotherapy, relaxation, biofeedback and meditation has been found convincing antihypertensive effects.
3) Diabetes– In India and in the world, there are a large number of cases of diabetes. The practice of Yoga regularly can help in the control of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Yoga also has a beneficial cognitive brain function.
4) Lipid profile – Elevated serum total cholesterol, LDL, and Triglyceride are risk factors for Ischemic heart disease, so Yoga is beneficial for controlling these factors.
5) Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – Yoga practice improves lung function and strength of inspiratory and expiratory muscles. Yoga can improve the quality of life.
Yoga can improve overall fitness levels and improve flexibility and posture.
a) it helps in relaxation
b) it lowers blood pressure level and heart rate
c) it improves self-confidence
d) it improves coordination
e) it reduces stress
f) it improves concentration
g) it reduced anxiety, back pain and depression
h) it helps in sound sleep
I) it boosts the immune system functionally
j) it prevents irritable bowel syndrome and another digestive system
k) it gives inner strength
l) it improves flexibility, builds muscle strength, perfect posture, and prevents cartilage and joint breakdown.
m) it is also better for bone health
n) it improves balance and relaxes the system
Therefore, it is concluded that the practice of Yoga is beneficial for all the dimensions of health i.e. physical, social, mental and spiritual. There are different types of Yoga. As per the yoga instructor, we should have to practice yoga under his guidance.
But always remember: wrongly body incorrect asana and breathing incorrectly, while exercising can be harmful to health and body.
So Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim.
So, Yoga is so beneficial for the body that not anyone can doubt on yoga.