Wow, we are going to explore and be ready to go to a new tourist destination…Amritsar. I love travelling, whenever I got time from my hectic schedule, I travel.
Here, I am going to take all of you to a new place, which is one of the most beautiful and tourist attractions place. Yes, I am talking about Amritsar.
Amritsar is one of the beautiful and major cities in India. It holds the past and emerging as a growing and most tourist attraction place. It attracts the tourist because of its beautiful culture, lifestyle and attractive places to visit.
Amritsar has a lot of historic temples and religious sites. The young generation hanging around in Mall’s or street stalls, chatting and gossiping. It is one of India’s most spiritual cities. You can have tons of fascinating experiences in the city.
The tourist can see the border of Pakistan and watch the Wagah border. you can enjoy Punjabi songs and food around the city.
It is connected with the railway network as well as by roads also. Amritsar is reflective of the people who belong here- The Sikhs. A people who contain a rich history and who have made enormous contributions to the country.
There are some famous and attractive places here:-
1) Golden temple – It is one of the most sacred places in the world for Sikhs. It is a two-story structure that is covered in gold. There is the world largest community kitchen inside the Golden Temple, welcoming to anyone to sit on the floor and get a free vegetarian meal with other tourists and visitors.
The Golden Temple has its own history. It is an inspiring place and you can be personally involved with if you wish to know.
2) Wagah border– It is around a 32 km drive west from the centre of the City. It is the border of Pakistan, where a curious border closing ceremony took place at sunset every afternoon.
3)Partition museum – Here, tourists can learn about the history of the partition in 1947, between India and Pakistan. It features a haunting collection of newspapers, clipping, antique photographs and histories with people who experienced the violence leading up to the separation of two countries.
4) Panjabi Restaurants – Panjabi foods are known for their spicy curries, pillowy bread, tandoori chicken, chole puri and jalebi. There are some tasty food items which everyone like most.
5) Jallianwala Bagh– It is another tourist place in Amritsar. It is a historical place, where around 1500 people were killed or injured by British shoulders during British rule.
6) Baba Atal tower– It is a worthwhile attraction in Amritsar. It is a place to Atal Rai, the son of a Sikh guru.
7) Govind Garh Fort– It is one of the main attraction places. It is more than 2500 years old. It is one of the most iconic symbols of Punjab.
8) Rambagh gardens – It is a public park. This park is looking beautiful with rare plants, flowers, trees and refreshing water features filled with golden fish. People come here and relax.
At the centre of the park, there is a historic summer Palace. Other tourist attractions are Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum and Panorama.
So, in modern days, it has transformed into an educational attraction dedicated to the history and culture of Amritsar.
Except it, there are some attractive placed to visit as Shri Durgiana Mandir, Mandir Mata Lal Devi, Khalsa college etc.
So, I think all of you will interest to go there and visit these places and will enjoy it there.
3 thoughts on “Amritsar: A beautiful city for tourism”
I would definitely like to visit this place… Fabulous information 👍🏼
I would definitely like to visit this place..osm👌