Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which it is difficult to get or maintain sleep. In this problem, people get the inability to obtain an adequate amount of sleep. Sleeping is the most important point in physically and mentally restoring the energy for the tasks ahead.
Most people say that about 6-7 hours of sleep is an adequate amount, however, it differs from person to person depending on their sex, age, and health conditions.
Everyone has encountered some type of insomnia, usually acute insomnia, but when acute becomes diagnosed as a sleep disorder. It is a serious sleeping disorder affecting millions of people per year.
1) Acute insomnia– some causes of acute insomnia are stress, illness, physical or emotional discomfort and when the sleep schedule is interfered. Insomnia makes life very hard for those who are inflicted by it.
2) Chronic insomnia– it can be caused by chronic stress, depression and anxiety.
4) excessive caffeine or alcohol
5) changes in work shift
6) environmental factors like noise, light or temperature
1) difficulty getting sleep at night
2) waking up often during the night
3) not feeling refreshed after waking up
4) feeling irritable during the day
5) poor concentration
1) counselling can help in finding out the cause responsible for insomnia and curing the cause
2) lifestyle changes may include decreasing the intake of stimulants like caffeine, nicotine, alcohol etc.
3) behavioural therapy may be used for creating behaviour and an atmosphere conducive to getting good sleep.
4) medication to induce sleep can be used as a temporary measure
1) avoiding stress
2) avoiding caffeine
3) avoiding alcohol
4) increasing physical activities
5) relaxing the body and mind before sleeping
6) creating a comfortable sleeping environment
So, get sound sleep and make life easier and more cheerful.