Mussoorie is known as ‘Queen of hills ‘,in the Himalayan Range of Garwhali hills.
Mussoorie has always been a favourite spot for tourists with its pleasant,cold weather throughout the year . Mussoorie was once the British summer capital. This town makes a perfect place especially in the summer months.
There is so much to do in this beautiful town that one trip would never be sufficient for anyone.It is a hotspot for various treks nearby Uttrakhand region.
During the monsoon time, the town is in lush green color. This popular hill station Mussoorie is located at an altitude of 7560 ft.and resides in the Dehradun district.
In winter season,nearby Mussoorie,we can experience the snowfall around Sarkanda Devi or Dhanolti.
Mussoorie is often flanked as a honeymooner’s paradise because of the beautiful scenery and romantic vibes around the region.
The most pleasant weather is from April to June. But, if travelers want to enjoy the extreme cold or want to enjoy the snowfall,then December month to February month is the best time .
There are so many attractive and beautiful places in Mussoorie that tourists can enjoy there.
1) Mall road – Mall road is the centre of all attractions. There are a lot of shops, resturants and street – foods as omlet ,snacks etc. Camel’s back road nature walk is also a must to enjoy there and old churches, Tibetan influence with lots of little cafes and temples,all add up to provide for the perfect Mussoorie experience.
2) Kempty falls- it is an amazing beautiful waterfall.It is situated around 15 km from the main town of Mussoorie.
3) Camel’s Back road- it is located in the heart of Mussoorie.It is one of the most attractions of this hill station. Tourists flock here to get a panoramic and beautiful view of sunrise and sunset.
4) Lal Tibba- it is one of the highest points of the town.The panoramic sight of brath taking skies and views around will make the tourists to stay here.
5) Gun hills – it is the second highest peak in Mussoorie and tourists can enjoy roadway ride to Gun hills,which offers an enchanting view of entire city.
6) Dalai Hills – it is one of the most beautiful location in Mussoorie.It is situated above the Lal Bahadur academy and is very close to Happy valley.It is known for its statue of Loar Buddha ,a Buddhist temple, hiking and stunning sunset view.
7) Benog hill trekking -It is a beautiful close to nature trek .It is around 8 km long .
8) George’sEverest house – the house is located in Park estate,6 km west of Gandhi chowk in Mussoorie and is also popularly known as Park anyone can try Zip lining at George Everest.
9) Dhanaulti and Surkanda Devi temple – it is a small hill station at a distance of around 24 km from Mussoorie.There is an eco- park in Dhanaulti which is a delight to visit as it is surrounded by nature.
Surkanda Devi temple is in Dhanaulti which is devoted to the Goddess Parvati.
10) Benog wild life sanctuary – it is famous for animals like deer, leopards, and red- billed blue magpie.It is well known to house of rare species of birds and surrounded by Himalayan peaks for a refreshing walk.
11) Lake Mist- it is amongst the most beautiful destinations in Mussoorie. The place is covered by green forest terrains and giving the whole scenario a magnificent image making it an ideal for spending the moments of repose with family and friends.
12) Char Dukan
14) Nag Tibba trek
So, there are many beautiful places to visit in Mussoorie.
Mussoorie is well connected by road. The most nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, which is 60 km from Mussoorie. A bus service is also available. There are multiple trains running between Delhi and Dehradun.
It is a great place to visit there.
I think,now all of you will like to travel Mussoorie and make a plan for there