Kodaikanal is a beautiful and most attractive hill in the station in India. It is popularly called the “Princess of Hills” due to steep mountains, rocks, dense forests and beautiful lakes. The place is also famous for Kurinji flowers which bloom once in every 12 years. It is being visited by people from all parts of India as it attracts by the bracing wind, enjoyable chill weather and many wonderful sceneries.
There are so many beautiful and attractive tourists places that people can enjoy there and get relax.
1) Silver cascade falls – on entering this beautiful town, we will be greeted by the silver cascade falls on the Madurai- Kodai road. The best time to see these waterfalls would be during the rainy season.
2)Kodaikanal lake– It is a start shaped man-made lake which is a popular tourist destination and is famous for its fairy table boat rides. Tourists love boating. People visited here can enjoy horse riding, cycle riding, walking and watching the beauty of the lake.
3) Bryant park– It is one of the biggest parks in Kodaikanal and very near to Kodaikanal lake. It is one of the tourist’s attractions place. The well-maintained park is a delightful picnic spot for the locals also. There is a glasshouse that shelters rare plants and flowers.
4) Coakers Park– This coakers park is a perfect place for taking amazing pictures of the view of Kodaikanal. It is constructed in 1872 and named after Lt. Coaker. If one is interested, then they can purchase some amazing homemade chocolates from the stall which is just outside the Coakers park. There is a telescope house at the end of the park from where anyone can enjoy a close watch of every point of the town lying below this place.
5) Pine forest– This is the most attractive place for tourists. It is well maintained by the forest officers anyone can see the big turkey roaming around the pine forest.
6) Mannavanar lake– this Lake is located in Mannavanar village, which is about 34 km away from Kodaikanal. It is really the most beautiful place. visitors can enjoy the sightseeing view of the lake by just sitting here in the vast stretch of greens valley or can take up a small coracle ride.
7) Guna caves– It is located on the steep southern slope of the Palani Hills, is a rock formation called Pillar Rocks. Three massive rocks about 400 ft. tall standing adjacent to each other and protruding out of the cliff face.
The caverns in between these rocks and the cliff face were formerly known as the Devil’s Kitchen, due to the visual effect of joy passing the cave, rising and coming out of an opening that resembles a chimney.
8) Dolphin’s Nose– Dolphin’s Nose provides a bird’s eye view of the scenic landscape of the surrounding mountainous area. Tourists can get a glimpse of the rock which looks like the nose of a dolphin from a nearby children park. Visitors can sit here and enjoy drinking tea and having bhajis here.
If you are interested in trekking, then have a trek to the Dolphin’s nose is a must.
9) Sunset viewpoint – Sunset viewpoint is nearly about 200 steps from Dolphin point. visitors can sit here and watch the beautiful sunset view and can sip on some hot masala tea and enjoy the view until it gets dark.
10) Chettiar park– It is very quiet and with very beautiful plant species which are carefully maintained. one can enjoy both the quiet and beauty of the park. It is located on the way to Shri kurinji Andavar temple.
Except it, other tourist attractions places are:–
a) Berijam park
b) Green Valley View
c) Pillar rocks
d) Shenbaganur Museum
Now, I hope all of you will agree with me and will visit this beautiful place.